SponsorshipMay 04, 2022 by Elio Grieco
Be A Sponsor
The SWCSF is always looking for quality sponsors!
We have 4,500+ members across the country and regular attendance for our monthly meeting of 70-110 members of which many are security professionals or decision makers for local Fortune 500 companies.
Sponsorship is an easy and low-cost way to gain visibility for your company!
Attendance for the June 2018 meeting showing the standard meeting format
Profile of our membership
There are usually between 70 and 100 attendees, with a majority being professionals in the cyber security industry spanning both the private and public sectors.
Sampling of our participating organizations
June 2018 meeting showing the sponsorship segment by Glasswall
What you receive as a sponsor
Sponsorship gives your company:
- 15 minutes to present to the group which can range from 70 to 100 attendees depending on the format. This your time to educate them about your products and services, engage them with questions. You will have access to a PC/projector with PowerPoint to do a presentation. This can be technical introduction or sales in nature as it is an open format. You are welcome to bring multiple members of your sales or marketing team, along with some swag, a display as well as handouts and giveaways or conduct a drawing for anyone that provides a business card in fishbowls you can place at multiple entrances.
- Branding rights for the emails that go to out to 4,500+ members across the country.
- Your company name, logo and link to your web site on this site.
- Inclusion in the networking period before and after the formal meeting to talk with and meet the attending members.
- A chance for your sales team to meet and mingle with our attending members face-to-face.
- The recognition of paying for the food and beverages for the group which includes pizza and drinks for all the attendees which we will typically handle for you. Some sponsors choose to bring in a catered meal in addition to the cost of the sponsorship.
We have had sponsors provide a technical presentation to the group 45-60 minutes in addition to their sponsorship slot, however presentation slots are assigned by the advisory panel and based on what is a useful topic to the group. Any presentations (outside of the 15 minute sponsorship segment, must be vendor neutral.
For example, if you are a reseller of hyper-converged technology, you can talk in depth exclusively about how great your product is during the sponsorship segment but if you are awarded a presentation slot then you would be expected to speak to the state of the industry in general and compare and contrast the various technologies, for the benefit of the group and the decision makers in the room.
In short, the sponsor segment is your time. The presentation segments are the groups time and should be mainly for their benefit.
Generally the group meets the first Monday of every month. As of November first, our meetings have moved to to the following location at the University of Advancing Technology in Tempe, AZ.
Location and Time:
UAT theater at 2625 W Baseline Rd, Tempe, AZ 85283
The group meeting goes from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m with 1/2 hour of networking occurring outside of the theater and entrance to the theater not allowed until 6:30 PM
Sponsorship by Fortinet 2017
The benefits to the community for sponsorship?
The SWCSF has been in regular session for over 15 years and is a corner stone of the Arizona Cyber Security community. The organization promotes the sharing of security best practices among business and government entities along with the mentoring and promotion of the next generation of cyber security engineers. Sponsoring maintains the drive and energy of the community and gives your organization the recognition for being a friend of the "good guys".
Federal Panel 2017
The Federal Panel
Twice a year we host the Federal Panel which may include representatives from the FBI, Homeland Security and the Secret Service. This is our largest attendance by far with typical attendance of 110+ members and the best deal for sponsorship.
What does it cost to sponsor?
We have two formats, the twice-a-year Federal Panel and our regular meetings.
Sponsorship for regular meetings are $500
Sponsorship for the Federal Panel and FBI presentations is $800 given the higher attendance and associated cost for food and beverages.
This August / December meetings have include the FBI as presenters so attendance usually hits 100 or more.
How to sponsor
Contact John Nash (480-239-7466) or Cynthia Figueroa (602-336-3453) to confirm availability of a slot. Sponsorship slots can't be guaranteed until payment is received.
Recent sponsor history & open slots:
Currently we have the following openings for Sponsorship
- 2018-12-03 Quantum Computers - WingspanCorp
- 2019-01-07 Vulnerability Management 2.0 / FBI Presentation - Nuix
- 2019-02-04 Cybersecurity tools / Machine Learning - Phreedom Technologies
- 2019-03-04 Rebecca Wynn / Elio Grieco - Phreedom Technologies
- 2019-04-01 ISO with Dave Anders / Hacking Hired Rachel Harpley - PAST
- 2019-05-06 Intel AMT Security / NGFW Roundup - PAST
- 2019-06-03 SOC Dashboards on ELK / CISSP Domain One - Oracle
- 2019-07-01 FBI Presentation / Lethal Software Bugs - General Dynamics
- 2019-08-05 SRP Cyber & Physical Security Review - Check Point Software
- 2019-09-02 No Meeting / Labor Day
- 2019-10-07 SCA & Blockchain Security - Ventech Solutions
- 2019-11-04 Scripting and Security Automation - Fortinet
- 2019-12-02 FBI cyber threat update -Palo Alto Networks
- 2020-01-06 Standard Meeting - CROWDSTRIKE
- 2020-02-03 Standard Meeting - Fortinet
- 2020-03-02 Standard Meeting - Vound Colorado, Ltd
- 2020-04-06 Standard Meeting - Artic Wolf Networks
- 2020-05-04 Standard Meeting -SentinelOne
- 2020-06-01 FBI Presentation / Implementing Security Compliance through Automation - Check Point Software
- 2020-07-01 Standard Meeting -**Available **
- 2020-08-01 Standard Meeting -**Available **
The presenter topics are usually known only a month or two in advance but it is usually an update on cyber security trends, along with a technical deep dive on a particular relevant subject or technology.
How to pay for sponsorship
You pay by check or credit card, made out to Phreedom Technologies (acting treasurer for the group), and submitted to CFigueroa [@] phreedom.com / 602-336-3453
We request that payment is made at least 2 weeks in advance, and ideally 1 month before, the date of the meeting as emails start to go out with the agenda and sponsor as soon as 30 days in advance.
Sponsorship is first come first serve and payment will reserve your slot.