November 7th, 2022, 6:00-9:00pm MST
October 3rd will be a SWCSF hybrid meeting, virtual and on-site in our new room MA 1100N (the Saguaro Room) at Gateway Community College.
The best place to park is in lot 4. Lot 3 can also be used, but it's slightly farther away.
- 6:00 - 6:30pm: Networking and Food
- 6:30 - 6:40pm: Meeting Start and Announcements
- 6:40 - 7:00pm: Cyber Threat Updates by Erik Graham
- 7:10 - 8:10pm: Disaster Recovery for Individuals
- 8:10 - 8:45pm: SWCSF Year End Discussion
- 8:45 - 9:00pm: Wrap Up and Networking
Presentation 1: Planning for the Worst: Disaster Recovery Strategies to Preserve Your Data
Elio Grieco will cover some of the techniques and technologies to keep your data safe.
- What is the the 3-2-1 backup strategy?
- What is the best type of media to use?
- How long do various types of media last?
- Snapshots or archives?
- What about Cloud backups?
This talk was created by taking corporate disaster recovery advice and adapting it for individuals and small businesses.
Slot 2: Year End Discussion
As we close out the year, let's get meta and have an open discussion of the past and future of SWCSF. What are your thoughts about and how can we improve:
- The website (list upcoming talks, add a calendar)
- The crew (we can always use a few more volunteers)
- The video stream (Jitsi and streaming to YouTube)
- The schedule (do we want to keep meeting on Mondays)
- The format
Virtual session will start early so attendees can network & enjoy the atmosphere.
Zoom Meeting ID: 391 351 6624
Attend in Person
GateWay Community College
Room: MA 1100N, the Saguaro Room Washington Campus, Main Building
108 N 40th St,
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Free food will be provided, but we're switching nationalities again. Hawaiian food and soft drinks will be provided to all attendees, including SPAM musubi. If you've never had Hawaiian food, it is similar to Japanese food.
If you have other preferences, Speedy Street Tacos is within walking distance, just past the East parking lot. There are also a few other restaurants within a short drive of the college.