October 3rd, 2022, 6:00-9:00pm MST
October 3rd will be a SWCSF hybrid meeting, virtual and on-site in our new room MA 1100N (the Saguaro Room) at Gateway Community College.
The best place to park is in lot 4. Lot 3 can also be used, but it's slightly farther away.
- 6:00 - 6:30pm: Networking and Food
- 6:30 - 6:40pm: Meeting Start and Announcements
- 6:40 - 7:00pm: Cyber Threat Updates by Erik Graham
- 7:10 - 8:10pm: Can you hack it? Getting Into Cybersecurity as a Career
- 8:10 - 8:45pm: Channelling Privacy: Maintaining Privacy in the Age of OSINT
- 8:45 - 9:00pm: Wrap Up and Networking
Presentation 1: Can you hack it? Getting Into Cybersecurity as a Career
Nick Brown has moved from non-tech jobs to critical roles on cybersecurity teams in less than 5 years. He'll share tips and guidance from his journey with those looking to rapidly move into a cybersecurity career.
What do security teams actually look for in a candidate?
- Cybersecurity basics you should know
- The importance of mindset
- Cybersecurity is about people: how to build an effective network
Presentation 2: Channelling Privacy: Maintaining Privacy in the Age of OSINT
Elio Grieco will share info on privacy and how maintaining it is becoming increasingly difficult with the ever growing array of Open Source INTelligence (OSINT) sources and side channel attacks.
Among the topics covered:
- incomplete redaction of information
- re-correlation of "anonymized data"
- stylometry: the analysis of writing styles to determine authorship
- AI facilitated impersonation attacks
- the ever growing list of side channels
- remote sensing technologies
Virtual session will start early so attendees can network & enjoy the atmosphere.
Zoom Meeting ID: 391 351 6624
Attend in Person
GateWay Community College
Room: MA 1100N, the Saguaro Room Washington Campus, Main Building
108 N 40th St,
Phoenix, AZ 85034
Free food will be provided, but we're switching nationalities again. Hawaiian food and soft drinks will be provided to all attendees, including SPAM musubi. If you've never had Hawaiian food, it is similar to Japanese food.
If you have other preferences, Speedy Street Tacos is within walking distance, just past the East parking lot. There are also a few other restaurants within a short drive of the college.